Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Road Trip

On Monday, my sister and I drove to Emporia Kansas to meet.  That is about halfway for both us.  We planned on swapping quilting stuff and then going to the quilt shop there.  It was a beautiful day with a hint of the fall air to come.  She brought me quilt tops she had done and ready for me to quilt and I took her more kits that I had assembled from the stash of fabric.  (More on our wonderful stash later.)  We had a great time looking at all the stuff we each had in our many sacks.  Things were looking good, we hopped out of the car and went up to the door of the quilt store.  It was locked.  Yes, yes, yes.  They are closed on Mondays.  In all the planning, I hadn't even thought to check.  Major bummer.  We ended up browsing in Walmart, bought some vitamins, and went and had lunch.  It did save us some money!  We had a good time together, so it was a fun day.  Here's a picture of us.