Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Our Stash

Every family has a member who is designated "the worrier".  That would be my sister.  Susan can worry about not worrying.  Don't get me wrong.  I worry.  I just try to be more selective.  Her big worry when I called to tell her I was starting this whole thing, was where were we going to get the fabric?  I, of course, was not worried.  We would just wing it.  I am a scrap lover and I thought we'll use what we have and it will all work out.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have guessed exactly how it has worked out.  The four of us started pooling what we had that we were willing to give up.  I posted a message on the SMS group site that I belong to.  Before I knew it, a couple of people sent me fabric.  Then Nan D. hosted a charity swap in which everyone sent bright fat quarters.  I wish everyone knew Nan.  She has this sweet little Georgia accent that just makes you want to be her friend the minute you hear her.  If her smile and infectious giggle doesn't brighten your day, I don't know what would.  A friend of Nan's emailed me and told me if I would drive to her house she would fill my car with goodies she was willing to give up. It was incredible.  Since then we have had all sorts of people give us fabric and batting.  You can not imagine what the stacks in my basement looked like. So to all those who have given, thank you, thank you.  No scrap has been too small, no amount insignificant.  We are using it all.