Sunday, August 15, 2010

I hate pictures of myself, but I swallowed hard and posted the picture below.  We are presenting Denise, the head nurse of the pediatric floor, the first stack of quilts.  Beth is first with one of my favorite quilts.  It is yellow and pink--my two favorite colors.  Next is me with a very bright pinwheel quilt.  Denise of course is the one wearing hospital scrubs.  (They are the most comfortable clothes you can wear out in public.  I wish someone would start a new fashion trend so we can all wear scrubs!)  Shelly is last holding the orange, blue and green quilt.  Susan, my sister, lives a couple of hours away so she couldn't be here to go with us.  I wish she could have joined us, but all things considered, I'd rather she stayed home and worked on quilt tops!!  I will try to post a picture of her at some point.  We took 11 quilts at the end of May.  Summer is the slow time for the pediatric unit.  Everyone is too busy swimming, biking, and enjoying their summer to get sick.  Denise is one of the most awesome people you will ever meet.  I know she is great at her job just by being around her a short time.  We got a tremendous response to the quilts we took and left feeling like we had done a very good thing.  Off to make more quilts.....