Monday, September 27, 2010

Inspiration

There is nothing like a trip to a quilt store for inspiration.  You walk in and see a vast array of fabric, patterns and quilts. You touch it, you imagine what you could do with it and you want to take it all home.  If you are a quilter, you know what I mean.  If you are not a quilter, you think we are obsessed.  And that would be true.  I am obsessed.  I love fabric and I thrive on figuring out what would be fun to do with it. This is one reason the quilts we are making are so fun.  Figuring out what to do with some scraps someone has donated is sometimes a challenge but so rewarding when you end up with a quilt some little boy or girl falls in love with.  I guess you could say it is like putting a puzzle together.

Now for some quilts.



                         This quilt has a great underwater print with fish, coral and sea creatures.





The back of the quilt is very bright and cheery.






This quilt is one of my favorites.  (Have you heard that before??)  It is shades of greens and pink and peach.  The quilting was done by one of our quilt fairies and is just exquisite.  This quilt was made by Shelly with just 4 1/2" squares that were leftovers.  She did a great job putting them together.




The back is a sweet pink with flowers and touches of green leaves.  Hopefully you can see a bit of the quilting. 

Now that you've seen some of our ideas for using scraps, does anyone have any suggestions for using camouflage fabric?  Using it may require a lot more thinking on my part!  Leave me a comment if you have ideas!  Thanks as always for following the blog.  Feel free to leave me a note.  I love hearing from you.