Monday, March 7, 2011

The Quandry



I thought a good way to start the new week is to catch up on the blog.  I have been in the middle of one of those quandaries.  When you have so much to do, what do you do first and what do you let wait?  We have been getting quilts ready for the hospital as fast and furious as we can.  This is the time of the year that we have lots of sick kids.  Apparently not only have there been a lot of sick ones, but they've been very sick and had extended hospital stays.  One little boy named Carter was there for six days.  His mom sent us an email saying how much the quilt meant to both of them.  We also recently heard from a little girl named Taylor who said getting her quilt made her feel better.  It is always great to get feedback.  It energizes you for sure! Jennifer left a very nice comment on the last post.  Be sure to check for that.  The bottom line is that with everything going on, it is the blog that has suffered.  For those of you who check on us, my apologies.  Hopefully the illness will slow down and we can keep ahead while catch our breath once in awhile.  As always, my focus is making sure every child receives a quilt even if it means the blog has to wait! 
We've been making some great quilts.  Everyone is pitching in and doing all they can to keep us going.  We do everything in an assembly-like fashion, so everyone has a part to do.  I appreciate everyone and the part they do.  I couldn't make this mission come true without each and everyone of them.
Now for some quilts....



                




Be sure to notice the cute backing and the awesome quilting.







Ok.  Really.  Honestly.  This truly could be my favorite quilt.  I know, I know.  I have said it before.  But it is true!  My favorite color is yellow, followed by pink.  Add some wonky nine-patch blocks and you have a piece of heaven as far as I am concerned.  Someone has already been given this quilt.  I hope she loves it as much as I do.  If she doesn't, I think I want it back!

That is just a short update for now.  I have lots more quilts to show you and I'll give you an update on our quilt count next time.  That is, when I can find  a few minutes to blog instead of tying myself to my sewing machine!

Thanks as always for caring enough to let me share my joy with you.