Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Change of Pace

Today's post is a little change of pace.  I've spent the last week finishing bindings on quilts and getting them to the hospital as fast as I can.  Shelly has been able to pitch in and help me which I am very grateful for.  It has been hectic, but we are still on track and we haven't missed anyone getting a quilt.
Yesterday Greg and I flew to San Fransico for the next step in my being an ambassador for the new medication I am taking for my multiple sclerosis.  We took off for the airport, got about 10 blocks from home and I realized I forgot the camera.  I certainly could not go without it so we quickly turned around and went back to pick it up.  Okay, so now we're good.  We get to the airport and there were people and baggage everywhere.  I guess it is spring break and people are going places!  The lines went pretty quickly and we finally boarded the plane.  I should have known forgetting the camera was an omen of things to come.  We were to change planes in Phoenix and we arrived there on time.  It was absolutely beautiful flying into Phoenix.  It was warm and the sun was shining brightly.  When we checking on our connecting flight we realized it had been delayed.  So our wait began.  Apparently San Fransico had heavy rain and high winds.  Our wait began.