Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cara's Quilt

This has been one crazy summer.  We've been gone almost as much as we've been home.  That means a lack of time to blog.  Today starts the catching up on blogging.  In July, we spent a week with Joel, Cara, and Simon.  


Shortly before we left, Cara mentioned her favorite quilt to me.  Her mom made it and Cara latched onto it.  She took it to college with her, to New Jersey where she and Joel lived after getting married, and now to Washington, DC.  She loves to snuggle in it and it is her comfort quilt.  However, she mentioned she was afraid to wash it anymore because some of the stitching was coming undone.  I took a quick look.  This quilt was all hand pieced and hand quilted.  (Way to go Edie!!)  I grabbed my needle and thread and tried to fix the loose spots.  I am sure I didn't do the neatest work, but I think she can now wash it when she wants.  I think it is an amazing quilt and the love Cara has for it is heartwarming.  One thing that interested me about the quilt was the corners.  There seemed to be something hard, almost like a very small rock inserted in the quilt before the binding was attached.  They were all placed in the same spot in each corner.  They were very similar in size but not quite the same.  Questions started buzzing in my mind.  Cara assures me she is going to ask her mom about it.  Hint, hint.  As soon as I find out the answer, I'll update you.  In the meantime, it is a wonderful quilt, Edie.  

I'll leave you with a Simon update.


Those hugs are the best!!

Hope your day is the best ever!