Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Getting My Groove Back

Have you ever been in one of those funks where you just aren't sure what to do next?  What fabrics go with each other?  What fabrics would look good with that pattern?  I've been trying to cut kits for some of the piecers.  But I found myself in that funk.  I wanted to be very productive but it just wasn't happening.  Fortunately for me, I think I might have just gotten out of that funk today.  My sister came to visit.  She needed to pick up some stuff, drop off some stuff and we hadn't seen each other for what seems like a long time.  It is amazing that just a few hours together energizes us and the creative juices are back!  She confirmed some of my fabric choices and added some of her ideas.  Suddenly I could see the potential again!  We had a wonderful day together and I am ready with my cutter in hand to attack that fabric again!  Before I do that, I thought I would show you some of the latest quilts.  We are doing some really great ones!!




This is a quilt Nan made from a jelly roll.  A jelly roll is a collection of two and one-half inch wide strips for those non-quilters.  We added a border, Nan quilted it and I added the binding and label.  I love this quilt!  The picture doesn't really do it justice.  It looks a bit long for the width.  Trust me, it is perfect!



Because we use fabric for our quilts that are usually scraps some kind soul has donated, you never know what we may come up with!  Judith put together this kit out of those donated scraps.  If I remember correctly, Teresa pieced it and Kathy quilted it for us.  I think it turned out just darling.



For those of you who follow this blog regularly, you will know that flannel means Shelly has been busy.  Pinks, dots, and rail fence blocks make this one a winner.



It seems as though we are always needing more quilts for boys.  I was delighted when someone from our local quilt guild donated this one.  Jungle themed fabrics will be just right for one of the boys!



Paula made this charmer out of charm square.  Those are five inch squares.  It turned out charming!!  Sandy quilted it and did a great job.



This is one of those disappearing nine patches that I am so fond of.  Rayna pieced this for us and Sandy quilted it modern-style.  The combination goes together very well.



I wanted to share this quilt with you.  It is actually one I made for Simon to have at Mimi's house when he comes to visit.  It is four large log cabin blocks with a border.  The border, as you can hopefully tell, have clouds made out of Minky fabric.  They are soft to touch and fun to play with.  I think Simon liked it and Mommy and Daddy said they did too.  I called it a success.

Speaking of Simon.....


Here's Simon playing with Papa on his visit to our house Labor Day weekend.  We had a wonderful time.

I have many more quilts to share with you.  Check back soon!