Monday, August 15, 2011

Ongoing Dilemma

I have an ongoing dilemma.  It is the pile of fabric of fabric in my sewing room. Well, actually in my basement. My one room sewing room has expanded to two rooms now.  The problem is, the more we sew, the more scraps we create.  The stars we make create triangles begging to be sewn into half square triangle blocks.  The yardage has a two and a half inch strip leftover.  It wants to be part of a nine patch block.  You get the idea.  And of course, I don't throw any piece away.   Although I am usually an organized person, I am in a constant state of wondering how to organize my mess better.  In the spirit of continued optimism I am pretty sure I will just sew my way through them.  Until then, I think maybe I'll just go with more clear plastic stackable bins. 

I wanted to share another picture from my trip to Orlando to speak about Gilenya. 


Now if you live in Orlando, this wouldn't seem unusual.  It's just not the kind of thing you would see in Kansas!  I thought it was pretty cute.



I also wanted to share this photo of myself, my cousin Terri and my sister, Susan.  This was the end of our "Quilting Marathon Weekend".  It looks like we survived it in decent shape!



This is a quilt that Susan made.  Nothing says classic like blue, yellow and white.


The quilting is simply beautiful on this.  Done with a soft blue thread it says elegance to me.  I wish it were in a bigger size!




Believe it or not, these are the same fabrics, the same blocks, just turned differently and sashed with a bright royal blue.  It gives it a totally different look and feel.



A different blue and yellow backing adds that extra touch.




Normally I don't post quilts that aren't for the hospital.  I had to make and exception today for this adorable quilt.  I made it for my daughter-in-law Jessica to give to a special friend.



It has two ruffles on it that totally make it girly and so so sweet.


A special label on a pretty green and white background helps to make this a keepsake gift.  I have now used this pattern 5 times.  I may be able to sew it in my sleep.  Each one has turned out so cute.  I am sure I will use this pattern again.


Our last quilt for today is a bright and fun one.  It uses up lots of scraps.




If you look closely, Judith fussy cut little people to go in each set of blocks.


And of course, a quilt this bright deserves a multi-colored bright backing.

I'm heading to the sewing room to play with scraps.  See you next time!