Friday, July 22, 2011

Exciting News

I am very excited to tell you all that I am going to be a grandma!  My son Joel and his wife Cara are expecting a baby in January.  This is my first grandchild and I couldn't be more excited!  Of course, I am hoping this is just the first of many.  I can't think of anything that tops a new baby.  The way they snuggle into your neck, smelling fresh from a bath is just a thrill. Or looking at you and cooing while you say goofy things. I could go on and on.  I have lots of things planned to do with this little one and future ones to come.  And of course I am already thinking of quilts this baby will need!  Being a good grandma is at the top of my list.

In the meantime, I'll keep practicing on the quilts for the hospital.  Let's look at some.



 

This quilt is a disappearing 9-patch.  It is a great blend of brown, orange, yellow, green and tan fabrics.  When it was time to add the border, I was stumped.  I couldn't imagine what I had that would work.  A piece of fabric more or less fell off the shelf and it was perfect for the border! 


In fact, it was so good, we used it for the backing!



Pink dots and black cats.  Does it get anymore fun?



It does if you put a gorgeous purple backing on it!



If you like bright quilts, you'll love this one.  Purple, pink orange, and yellow makes this quilt almost neon!



These fun bugs on a white background calm it down little bit and show off the amazing quilting by Karen.

We have some great quilts that we are busy put the bindings on.  I hope you will come back to check those out.  And don't forget--I'm going to be a grandma!!  I can't wait!!